The Law Office of Laurice E. Smith, P.C.
Attorney Laurice E. Smith is a licensed attorney in good standing in the State of Tennessee with over 40 years of legal experience in many areas of the law.
- California State University at Long Beach, B.A. Degree, 1965
- University of Southern California, graduate hours, 1966-1967
- Georgia State University, graduate hours, 1971 to 1972
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D. Degree, 1979
- Tennessee Bar (1981)
- Supreme Court of Tennessee (1981)
- Federal Court of Western District of Tennessee (1981)
- National Judicial College, Reno, Nevada, 1985
- Mediation Training (Erickson Mediation Training, Resolute Systems Corporation, Private Dispute Resolution Services, 1989, 1996, 1999 and 2000) and former Rule 31 Mediator
- Served as Special Judge in Memphis City Court, Environmental Court, General Sessions Civil Court from 1990 to 2011
- Completed Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Seminars from 1981 to Present
- Private Practice of Law from 1989 to present and currently a Part-Time Civil Service Commissioner for the City of Memphis.
- Past employment includes part-time Shelby County Divorce Referee, part-time Assistant Shelby County Attorney, Assistant City Attorney, Memphis Municipal Court Prosecutor, E.E.O.C. Administrative Judge, E.E.O.C. Contract Mediator and Shelby County Juvenile Court Appointed Attorney
- Memphis Ben F. Jones Chapter of the National Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys